Day 1: Cusco – Mollepata – Challacancha –Soraypampa
Distance: 12 km / 7.45 miles
Start altitude: 3350 masl / 10990 feet ASL
Maximum altitude: 4600 masl / 15091 feet ASL
Campsite elevation: 3920 masl / 12861 ASL FEET
Meals: Lunch and dinner (in addition to snacks and in the afternoon tea time)
Accommodation: Igloo: they are transparent glass camps like crystal balls.
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00 am. Travel by bus to Soraypampa (4 hours): on the tour you will observe ancient villages, small Inca citadels. Breakfast at Mollepata in a rustic restaurant. Then we will continue the trip until we reach the trekking point, where the mountain guide will join the group and make an offering to the Apus (Gods) with the famous kintu, which is the union of the three coca leaves and begin to make a small ritual as payment to the Pachamama, as our Inca ancestors used to do, to obtain the permission of the Apus and to enter sacred spaces and thus arrive without any problem to the Inca citadel of Machupicchu. After 3 hours of trekking we will arrive to Soraypampa, to our base camp, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch (12:00 pm), with a view to the Salkantay and Humantay glaciers.
In the afternoon (1:00 p.m.) visit to the Humantay Lagoon: magical turquoise lagoon, located at the top of the snow, this tour will be 3-hour round trip. On arrival we will arrive to our base camp (5:00 pm), where we will wait for you with delicious appetizers, before dinner and then rest in our Igloos, where you will spend the night in transparent glass balls, which will allow you to observe the Milky Way from the comfort of your bed.
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Wayramachay – Chaullay
Distance: 22Km / 13.7 miles
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner (in addition to snacks and in the afternoon tea time)
Altitude of beginning: 3800 msnm / 12467 feet
Campsite elevation: 2750 masl / 9022 feet
Accommodation: Capsule Trek (hanging capsule in the mountain)
This day you will test your physical and mental strength, since you will walk a stretch of 22 km, but at the same time totally rewarding because you will cross different landscapes from mountainous areas, snowy peaks, cloud forests and jungle scenery, and at the end of this day all your expectations will have been satisfied. This second day starts with an alarm clock at 4:30 am and a delicious breakfast at 5:00 am. At 5:30 am we start our trek for 3 hours until we reach the highest point of the trail, the gigantic snowy Salkantay.
Then we will descend through the desert of stones, for a time of 2 hours until we reach the lunch point, called Wayra machay term in Quechua which means Wayra wind and crazy Machay.
Continuing with this challenging day, prepare yourself to immerse yourself in the cloud forest, where you will glimpse flora and fauna, that will leave you amazed and you will be enveloped by the soft melody of the song of the birds that will introduce you to this magical and mystical place.
We will arrive at approximately 5:00 p.m. to our Capsule Trek in Chaullay, where the team of chefs will be waiting for you to offer you a varied and traditional dinner.
Finishing this day of full trekking, you will arrive to another adventure, this time to the capsules suspended in the air, totally transparent, that will be your refuge of rest and at the same time the perfect viewpoint towards the stars and the star space.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES
Distance: 26km / 16.1 miles
Starting altitude: 2750 masl / 9022 feet ASL
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner (in addition to snacks)
Welcome to the unforgettable, be part of the trek that will take you to the wonder of the world, during your stay in Peru. This day 3 starts, with breakfast at 6:00 AM, then start a trekking of 6 hours of walking, through the Santa Teresa Valley, where you can meet and taste the fruits of the jungle, the popular fruit of the passions, avocado, banana, orange, in their own natural habitat.
At 12:00 hours we will arrive at the town called Playa Sahuayaco, where after lunch, we will take a local vehicle that will take us to Hidroeléctrica.
In this place we offer you two options: 1) Go by train to Aguas Caliente which has an additional cost of 31 dollars, with a travel time of 45 minutes. 2) Continue the trekking to Aguas Calientes, for a time of three hours, following the train track, walking on the slopes of the Machupicchu mountain.
Following the itinerary of this day, during the dinner schedule, the tour guide will organize your income for the citadel of Machu Picchu the next day.
This day ends, with your stay in a comfortable hostel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 4: the most dreamed day – Machu Picchu!
General description of the activity: Visit Machupicchu
Activity level: Easy
The day so expected for all the trekking, the exploration of the citadel of Machupicchu, one of the wonders of the world and in this guided tour you will discover the reason.
On day 5, start waking up very early to see the sunrise and the first rays of sunlight towards the citadel, which will arrive by bus (with an additional cost of $ 12) arriving in a time of 30 minutes.
Then we will enter the royal Inca sanctuary, where you will feel all the energy of the Andean cosmology and thus initiate a guided tour for approximately 2 hours and feel part of our ancestral culture. Seeing this place of great beauty, which is in the middle of a tropical mountain forest, the sanctuary of Machu Picchu that was the most amazing architectural realization of the Inca Empire in its heyday, you will enjoy its ramparts, terraces and gigantic ramps that the impression of have been sculpted in the escarpments of the rock, as if they were part of it. In this fantastic place every space within it is fascinating, and no matter where you look, you will be amazed.
After this tour, you can go up to Huayna Picchu, it will take you about 3 hours.
We recommend that you return to the city of Aguas Calientes no later than two hours before the departure of the trains to Ollantaytambo, trip that lasts 2 hours, upon arrival at this place, our staff will be waiting for you, to take you back to the Imperial city of Cusco, trip that lasts 2 hours.
- Meeting and description prior to departure: the high mountain guide will give a service itinerary before the Salkantay expedition where he will detail the entire tour until arriving at Machupicchu and return to Cusco.
- Transportation: they will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the starting point of the trek (Challacancha)
High mountain guide: professional in high quality tourism, with command of the English language.
- Accommodation: In mountain refuge (Igloo and capsules in the air)
- Night 1: If you dreamed of a mountain refuge and / or an Igloo of pure transparent glass, to enjoy the best views of the space, on your hike to Salkantay this is your opportunity, and to enjoy from the Snow Slope Salkanatay and Humnatay.
- Night 2: If you’ve ever liked the vertical world and have a spectacular view from the top of the mountains, this is the trek you expected to sleep in our domes hanging on the cliff.
- Night 3: Aguas Calientes hostel.
- Camping equipment: kitchen, tents, tables, chairs and complete menajería, all this carried by horses and muleteers.
- Entrance ticket to Machupicchu: it will allow you to visit the archaeological site.
- Canvas bag: To carry your belongings, 5 kilos per person.
- Load mules: On the first and second day the mules and the muleteer transport everything, on day three and four the luggage will be taken in the car or train.
- Trekking cook: He is the lord of the food, who will give us and prepare us delicious typical dishes of the area during our trek.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners.
- Snacks on the trek: Our snacks consist of local fruits, cookies, chocolate, candies, etc. We will give you this snack at the beginning of each day.
- Medical kit: Our company provides our groups with a first aid kit on the route, an emergency oxygen bottle for height.
- Train tickets: return from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (Day 4)
- Transportation: Private bus from the Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco.
- 24-hour customer service: We have telephone service available 24 hours a day.
- Entrance to Salkantay Trail: (S / .10 per person)
- Sleeping bags: You can rent one from our company if you do not have your own.
- Walking sticks: You can rent a game from our company if you wish.
- Day 1: Breakfast
- Last day: lunch and dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Clothing and personal equipment.
- Travel insurance
- Option: If you feel tired after the walk to and from Llactapata, you have the option of taking a train from Hidroeléctrica to Aguas Calientes. (Cost: USD $ 31.00)
What to take?
- Passport and migration card.
- Sleeping bag (-15°C).
- Walking sticks.
- Medium trekking backpack (15 litres).
- 5 long sleeved polo shirts.
- 1 waterproof pants.
- 1 warm pants.
- 1 thermal pants.
- 1 waterproof jacket.
- 1 warm jacket.
- 1 waterproof gloves.
- 1 hat to protect neck and face.
- 1 woolly hat for the cold.
- 1 pair of hiking boots.
- 4 pairs of socks.
- Poncho for the rain.
- 1 pair of sneakers or sport shoes.
- 1 pair of sandals/flip flops.
- 1 bathing suit.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Water bottle of flask.
- Optional water purifying pills.
- Personal medication.
- Sun block: Factor 70 or more.
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Good insect repellent.
- Snacks: Energy bars, chocolate, candies, dried fruits etc.
- Camera and charger.
- Extra money in dollars or soles.
***Make sure you insurance policy covers adventure trips and activities.