HUMANTAY TWO DAYS – ONE NIGHT
- Duration: Two days Difficulty of the walk: moderate
- Start: Cusco (4:00 a.m.) Meals: lunch and dinner (in addition to snacks and in the afternoon tea time)
- Return: Cusco (6:30 am)
- Destination: Humantay lagoon and Salkantay pass.
- Accommodation: Igloo: they are transparent glass camps like crystal balls.
- Hiking time: 5 hours
Pick up from your hotel at 5:00 am.
- Travel by bus to Soraypampa (4 hours): on the tour you will observe ancient villages, small Inca citadels.
- Breakfast at Mollepata in a rustic restaurant.
- Then we will continue the trip until we reach the trekking point, where the mountain guide will join the group and make an offering to the Apus (Gods) with the famous kintu, which is the union of the three coca leaves and begin to make a small ritual as payment to the Pachamama, as formerly our Inca ancestors did, to obtain the permission of the Apus.
- After 3 hours of trekking we will arrive to Soraypampa, to our base camp, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch (12:00 pm), with a view to the Salkantay and Humantay glaciers.
- In the afternoon (1:00 p.m.) visit to the Humantay Lagoon: magical turquoise lagoon, located at the top of the snow, this tour will be 3 hours round trip.
- On arrival we will arrive to our base camp (5:00 pm), where we will wait for you with delicious appetizers, before dinner and then rest in our Igloos, where you will spend the night in transparent glass balls, which will allow you to observe the Milky Way from the comfort of your bed.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PASS
You will wake up in Soraypampa, a unique, magical and mysterious place that hides several stories, stories and myths about the Salkantay mountain, covered in snow, fog, cold and humidity, that will offer you a different awakening
- This second day starts with an infusion of mate de Coca at 4:30 am and a delicious breakfast at 5:00 am.
- At 5:30 am, start our walk for 3 hours, during your tour you will observe this amazing glacier very closely and you will enter into a more intimate contact between you and the mountain when you reach the highest point of the entire path, the gigantic snowy Salkantay.
- At the top of the snow mountain guide will gather all the explorers and make a small payment to the pacha mama and invoke the Apus Salkantay and Humantay, to allow us to conquer the mountain and the turquoise waters of Humantay.
- After enjoying your day in the Salkantay Pass, we will start the return walk to Soraypampa, where our base camp is located, where a typical lunch awaits us in our comfortable facilities, our mountain huts (Igloos)
- At approximately 2:00 pm, we will start our return trip to the city of Cusco.
Rack Rate: 300 american dollars
Coorporative Rate: 180 dólares americanos
Minimum number of passengers to make this tour: 02 paxs
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (english and spanish).
- Touristic transport from Cusco to Challacancha (beginning of trek)
- Transportation back to Cusco.
- Day 2: breakfast.
- 02 snacks.
- 02 lunches at the Sky Camp.
- 01 dinner.
- 01 night in the Sky Camp.
- First aid kit equipment.
- Horse from Soraypampa to the lake and Salkantay pass.
- Entrance fee to Salkantay Trail (S/.10 per person)
- Day 1: breakfast.
- Sleeping bag.
What to take?
- Passport and migration card.
- Sleeping bag (-15°C).
- Walking sticks.
- Medium trekking backpack (15 litres).
- 2 long sleeved polo shirts.
- 1 waterproof pants.
- 1 thermal pants.
- 1 waterproof jacket.
- 1 warm jacket.
- 1 waterproof gloves.
- 1 hat to protect neck and face.
- 1 woolly hat for the cold.
- 1 pair of hiking boots.
- 2 pairs of socks.
- Poncho for the rain.
- 1 pair of sneakers or sport shoes.
- 1 pair of sandals/flip flops.
- Flashlight and batteries.
- Water bottle of flask.
- Personal medication.
- Sun block: Factor 70 or more.
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Good insect repellent.
- Snacks: Energy bars, chocolate, candies, dried fruits etc.
- Camera and charger.
- Extra money in dollars or soles.
***Make sure you insurance policy covers adventure trips and activities.